In today’s increasingly unpredictable world, vehicular security threats are a constant concern. Whether you are a security professional, law enforcement officer, or an individual seeking personal protection, being prepared to defend yourself and others while in or around vehicles is crucial. Conventional training often fails to address the unique dynamics and complexities of vehicular encounters. That’s why our Vehicle-Centric Defensive Tactics program was created—to bridge this gap and empower you with specialized skills tailored for real-world vehicular scenarios.
The Vehicle Centric Defensive Tactics Program is designed around the environment and goals of the security agent or tactical operative that must respond to a threat inside and around a motor vehicle. The student learns to deal with an aggressive threat seated next to them or behind them while in the vehicle. Threats reaching into a window or an open door with the intent to remove you or your client are also covered as well as removing a threat from the vehicle. Outside the vehicle, the operator learns how to use the car itself as a weapon against the threat. Different methods of moving along and against the car to produce power for the various combatives that are applied to a threat.
Also, while in the car, the student will learn basic answers for dealing with a firearm or edged weapon that has been pulled. Outside the vehicle, the student learns how to intelligently maneuver around the vehicle and deal with single or multiple threats while standing, kneeling, or lying on the ground. VCDT is a highly effective defensive tactics program designed specifically for professional Security Drivers, protection practitioners, and others who may be forced to defend themselves (or others) while in and around a vehicle.
The program aims to introduce intelligent, Effective, and straightforward answers that will work in many situations, not just give the student another list of the techniques.
- Master vehicle-based defensive techniques: Our program covers a wide range of specialized defensive tactics tailored for various vehicle-related encounters, including carjackings, road rage incidents, ambushes, and more.
- Enhance situational awareness: We train you to recognize potential threats, assess risk factors, and develop strategies to maximize your safety while in or around vehicles.
- Develop decision-making skills under pressure: Our training methodology focuses on high-stress scenarios, enabling you to make rapid, effective decisions and take appropriate action in critical moments.
- Optimize vehicle positioning and utilization: Learn how to use your vehicle as a defensive asset, employing it for cover, evasion, and creating barriers to protect yourself and others.
- Learn from industry experts: Our instructors bring a wealth of practical experience in vehicular security, ensuring you receive top-notch training from professionals who understand the unique challenges you face.
Baker Tactical Partners With The Vehicle Dynamics Institute To Deliver Open Training Events Throughout The Year
VCDT Phase I: Active Deterrence
This initial phase of this program introduces students to the fundamentals of the unique approach to defensive tactics that VCDT is built upon – Living Mechanics® – and how to effectively apply them within the context of a physical confrontation in or around a vehicle while maintaining a proportional use of force and minimizing the Principal’s exposure to risk. The focal points of this first phase of the program include:
- Proportional Use of Force
- Stance and Balance; Translating and Relating to Vehicle
- The Vehicle; Overcoming Disadvantages, Finding Advantages
- Practical Defensive and Kinetic Measures
- Intensive, Scenario-Based Practical Exercises
VCDT Phase II: Kinetic Protective Measures (Prerequisite: VCDT Phase I)
In this second phase of the VCDT program, students will build upon the foundation provided in Phase I to expand their understanding of what’s needed to overcome the challenges and hazards of potential physical confrontations while he or she is in or around the vehicle and the most effective strategies or tactics for maintaining adequate protection of the Principal and/or other passengers. The focal points of the second phase of the program include:
- Review of Phase I Tactics and Techniques
- Non-aggressive Postures and Positioning
- Protecting the Principal; Arrivals (Debus), Departures (Embus)
- Protecting the Principal; Interdicting and Redirecting Potential Threats
- Increasingly Complex, Scenario-Based Practical Exercises
VCDT Phase III: When It Turns Serious (Prerequisite: VCDT Phase I & VCDT Phase II)
The third phase of the VCDT program focuses on tactics and techniques that are indispensable when a situation turns serious, and potentially lethal weapons are now a part of the equation. While the most basic tenet of secure transportation and close protection operations is to do everything in one’s power to avoid just such an encounter, if – as always, IF being the operative word – happenstance or circumstances are such that the Security Driver is armed, he or she must be able to effectively defend against a similarly armed adversary, while being fully capable of retaining their own weapon. The focal points of this third phase of the program include:
- Review of Phase I & II Tactics and Techniques
- The Unarmed vs. the Armed Protector
- The Unarmed vs. the Armed Adversary
- Practical Weapons Retention and Disarming
- Realistic, Intensive, Scenario-Based Practical Exercises
Design A Program For Your Team
One of the things Alan can do is put together training outlines that we will be uniquely designed to fit your team’s needs specifically. And training dates and training times can be scheduled to suit your team’s busy schedule. If you are interested in organizing a training event with Coach Alan, please reach out to our staff, and we will be happy to assist you.